- Domestically-challenged, terminally-tired, craft-obsessed, Aussie Mum to two.
- Botanist by trade (I’ve even got a shiny piece of paper that says “Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Botany”), but recently began new career as a teacher (another shiny bit of paper that says Graduate Diploma of Education – with Distinction).
- Previously an Ego-Wrangler and Strategy Articulator for a bunch of academics.
- Currently working as a supply teacher whilst being a full-time parent.
- Lover of Australian native plants.
- Learning the art of photography.
- Mostly Solar powered (12 shiny big solar panels on our roof).
- Wife to Mr Fixit.
- Mother and general dogsbody to Miss K and Mr H.
- Caretaker of 5 chooks.
- Lazy Gardener
That’s who I used to be. I was so happy and lucky and loved and took it all for granted.
Now I am someone different: I am a widow.
The man I love beyond breath was killed in a car accident whilst carrying out his normal duties at work on March 1, 2010.
Most of me remains (or at least I hope to get back most of me):
I am still a Mum to two beautiful children. I am still a teacher. I still am a botanist. I still love Australian native plants and gardens. I still love to hear music and play the piano. I still have fantastic friends (both RL and online). My brain still functions on a reasonably good level (short-term memory is a bit wonky though). I still love Holden cars and meat pies and good people everywhere. I still love the beach and the bush. and I still love a good laugh.
And I am someone new:
I find myself showing more kindness as I have been shown kindness. I find myself seeking out the hearts of others and hearing their story. and I find myself in a more spiritual place than I was before.