…whilst sitting around your mother-in-law’s hospital bed.
1. Insist that ALL family members must be present at the bedside ALL day. I wonder when the poor woman (or her poor room-mates) were supposed to rest?
2. Steal *my very own* copy of a magazine while I was taking my child to the loo and then continue to read it for an hour after my return from said loo.
3. Eat chocolates in front of me and a sick woman who is only allowed to eat clear fluids and Not Offer Any To Anyone Else.
4. Tell my Very Patient Children that they have to put up with being very bored because Nana is very sick. (Personally, I think Nana’s short term memory is so bad she probably didn’t know who they were anyway).
…and the top Annoying thing?
5. Cary a copy of an unsigned will in their handbag, then demand that a woman who is terminally ill, on some serious pain medication, and who’s mental competency is dodgy at the best of times and is really bad at present to Sign The Will Before Its Too Late.
Conveniently ignore the fact that they organised a new will on the one occasion they saw their mother in the past 12 months without their other siblings present. Given that there is already a signed copy of a will MIL made in the 80s when her mental competency was good, one wonders what is in the new will that my sister-in-law is so keen to get her mother to sign???
It’s been a loooooong weekend folks!